Quad Bumblebees: Guarantee a Flying Start to Good Pollination
QUAD pollination units are developed by Koppert Biological Systems specifically for open-field crops and greenhouse operations. Each QUAD contains 4 large bumblebee colonies enclosed in a weather-resistant out-unit. QUAD units are designed with the appropriate ventilations and insulation required to allow bumblebees to acclimate to environmental conditions, enabling bumblebees to dedicate their time foraging, providing for superior pollination.
- Bumblebees are active at temperatures near 40° F (5°C), honeybees become active at temperatures near 60-65°F (15-18°C).
- Bumblebees are active on cloudy, foggy, and rainy days, honeybees are less active at low light levels.
- Bumblebees will fly in winds of up to 40mph (64km/hr).
- Bumblebees visit many more blooms per minute than honeybees.
- Bumblebees are safer for you and your employees. Bumblebees are
non-swarming and much less aggressive than honeybees.